At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Some lending experience in financial services preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment and to act independently required.
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong customer service.
- Manages collateral performance of the allocated portfolio through efficient and effective client management and compliance with sanctioning conditions and other BFS policies and procedures.
- Provides proactive and reactive management of the overall factoring relationship with the client in an ever-changing environment. Responds quickly to any changes.
- Makes daily funding decisions. Reviews daily transactions for accuracy and takes immediate action on any potential risk issues.
- Performs daily review of client funding position to ensure facilities are operating within formula and performing in line with expectations. Supports over-advance requests when acceptable risk and within authority levels.
- Manages and monitors larger debtor exposures.
- Proactively monitors statistical trends and financial performance of clients, taking appropriate action if needed.
- Completes facility and portfolio reviews in a timely manner, based on the required frequency for credit limit granted.
- Maintains proper, accurate Client Risk ratings in BFS systems.
- Monitors collection and verification call levels and coverage. Makes decisions on appropriate action when needed.
- Understands their clients enough to spot both warning signs and additional earning opportunities. Formulates an exit strategy if needed to minimize potential losses.
- Retains responsibility for recovering funds advanced in a collect-out situation.
- Ensures all chargeable fees are processed when required.
- Manages, directs and supports Collateral Analysts and Data Entry.
- Works closely with Take On Manager and Sales to ensure a smooth transition on all newly assigned accounts. Ensures all client terms are set up correctly.
- Undertakes client visits if required.
- Assists in field exams if required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and typical ABL financial modeling.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behaviour and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of BFS’s core and specialist products. Calculates and explains current and future funding availability and all chargeable disbursements.
- Demonstrates loyalty to BFS, its vision and values and work with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.