Business Analyst (Contract)
At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
Purpose of the Role: (6-8 month contract)
Business Analysis is the process of understanding business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties.
- Support the development and deployment of new solutions through analysis to gather business requirements.
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager in conjunction with the business lead to facilitate and manage the capturing and documenting of requirements/specifications including the documenting of the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes through the deployment of the preferred solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment and to act independently required.
- Good verbal and written communication/customer service skills required
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office (proficient in excel) and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Undertake requirements gathering and documentation required to support specific work initiatives.
- Facilitate process mapping of as is and to be processes to support the requirements documentation.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of solutions.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, or others as required to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs, Operational designs and Impact Assessments)
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.