At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
Purpose of the Role:
- Manage the Field Exam function, supervising a total of up to 3 in-house field examiners.
- Act as a “player-coach” and perform exams as needed (expecting roughly 15-20 per year) Responsible for scheduling exams to ensure all the field exams are performed timely.
- Responsible to select the outside field exam firms approved to perform field exams.
- Review all the field exams for quality, accuracy and completeness, making appropriate recommendations on its results.
- Conduct initial survey field examinations of potential borrowers, when required.
- Explain company policies and procedures to borrowers and assists in the implementation of collateral control procedures.
- Emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk recommendations commensurate with the business units risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Responsible for verifying the quality and performance of the collateral pledged to Bibby Financial Services to secure ABL and Factoring deals.
- Review and modify workpapers used in the field exam function to fit the needs of each of the clients or potential clients being audited.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from a reputable college
- Minimum 10 years commercial credit experience in a secured lending environment in the area of field exams, with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial role.
- Flexibility to travel as much as 50% of the time.
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented, and have financial acumen and strong ethics
- Excellent organization and time management skills needed
- Good verbal and written communication/customer service skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- Strong accounting skills, extensive knowledge and understanding of asset based lending principles
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office (proficient in excel) and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Performs initial survey field exams for both ABL and Factoring deals.
- Timely communicate with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Chief Credit Officer any issues that require follow-up and/or immediate attention.
- Ensure the field exam schedule is adhered to and in compliance with both approval and documents.
- Ensure the billing of both the field days and the out-of-pocket expenses are properly and timely billed to the clients and/or prospects.
- Provides support on collect out or trouble accounts as necessary.
- Provides immediate and on-going support to each Bibby business, as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned by the Risk Director.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behaviour and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of Bibby’s core and specialist products.
- Computer literate with excellent keyboard skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems. Competent use of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates loyalty to Bibby, its vision and values and works with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.