At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
Conduct initial and recurring field examinations of borrowers and potential borrowers’ financial and collateral records, primarily on accounts receivable, inventory, corresponding liabilities and financial records/procedures. Field exams may also include an examination of machinery and equipment.
- Explain company policies and procedures of borrowers and assists in the implementation of collateral control procedures.
- Responsible for verifying the quality and performance of the collateral pledged to Bibby Financial Services to secure ABL and factoring deals.
- Review and modify work papers used in the field exam function to fit the needs of each of the clients or potential clients being audited.
- Communicates field examination results in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from a reputable college.
- Minimum 5 years commercial credit experience in a secured lending environment in the area of field exams.
- Proficient understanding of GAAP; strong financial statement analysis skills.
- Flexibility to travel as much as 75% of the time.
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented, and have financial acumen and strong ethics.
- Excellent organization and time management skills needed.
- Good verbal and written communication/customer service skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Must be computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills, demonstrate competency in Microsoft Office (especially excel) and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong accounting skills, extensive knowledge and understanding of asset based lending principles and borrowing base construction.
- Performs initial and recurring field exams for both ABL and Factoring deals.
- Timely communicates with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Field Examination Manager before each assignment to define each exam objectives and timely communicate any findings requiring further discussions or follow up.
- Track time and expenses spent on each assignment to ensure proper billing.
- Ensure that he/she represents Bibby in a professional and cordial manner.
- Provides support on collect out accounts as necessary.
- Provides immediate and on-going support to each Bibby business, as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned by the Risk Director.
- Performs task in a cost effective manner.
- Understands all aspects of typical Factoring and ABL collateral and the structuring of Factoring and ABL deals.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of accounts receivable and inventory as collateral.
- The ability to make logical and will supported audit conclusions and recommendations regarding accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable and other pertinent field examination areas.
- The ability to design and implement appropriate field exam procedures when unusual collateral or reporting circumstances exists.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behavior and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of BFS’s core and specialist products. Calculates and explains current and future funding availability and all chargeable disbursements.
- Demonstrates loyalty to BFS, its vision and values and work with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.
**At this time we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the United States.