At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
- Ensures the timely and accurate reporting to management and parent company for assigned business units.
- Ensures monthly reporting complies with US GAAP.
- Complies with key internal controls in order to safeguard company assets.
- Supports North American business unites and Controller with daily operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years prior accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment and to act independently when required.
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office; ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; strong customer service.
- Processes daily bank reconciliations for assigned business units.
- Processes month-end closing entries and required reports for assigned business units.
- Reconciles intercompany balances.
- Submits advance requests to the bank.
- Prepares borrowing base reports.
- Provides support for bank audits and year-end audits.
- Performs ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to accurately work with numbers.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behavior and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of Bibby’s core and specialist products.
- Demonstrates loyalty to Bibby, its vision and values and works with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm.