Senior Credit Risk Officer
At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
Support CCO initiatives with respect to the overall credit risk management function of the North American factoring ABL portfolio.
Approve new and existing credit exposures within delegated approval authority.
- Maintain portfolio oversight and reporting functions within assigned areas.
- Direct involvement with higher risk and/or problem assets.
- Conduct annual internal audits of BFS office locations.
- Train and develop junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; concentration in accounting or finance is preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in Commercial Finance space with significant senior level experience in factoring and invoice discounting space. Also, ABL experience is preferred,
- 3-5 years of experience in a senior underwriting or senior account management position in factoring or ABL
- 3-5 years of experience in a senior risk management position, preferably with credit approval authority
- Thorough understanding of, or the ability to quickly learn BFS’ target market.
- Able to evaluate and approve factoring and ABL accounts within that market.
- Able to provide a value added level of risk management service and support to assigned offices in such areas as account management, governance, structuring, financial and collateral analysis, reporting requirements and loan documentation.
- Competent problem asset resolution skills and attendant bankruptcy (or similar) issues.
- Able to manage select accounts on a daily basis, if necessary.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of collateral and the field exam process.
- Working knowledge of factoring and asset based lending systems.
- Able to construct information databases and manage an exception reporting process.
- Thorough command of legal documentation and attendant legal issues.
- Able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, verbal and written.
- Ability to conduct or manage internal office audits.
- Able to deliver excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills; competent user of Microsoft Office Suite with an above average command of Excel.