Senior Underwriter - Asset based Lending
At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years asset based lending underwriting experience, preferably in Bibby’s target market
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented, and have strong financial acumen and financial analysis skills
- Strong ethics
- Excellent organization and time management skills needed
- Good communication/customer service skills required
- Command of ABL legal documents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must
- Must be computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills, demonstrate competency in Microsoft Office, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Analyzes, structure and document ABL transactions within BFS’s target market.
- Manages the entire “term sheet to deal close” process, both internally and with the prospect.
- Assists in leading, training and mentoring underwriters.
- Assesses information provided by potential borrowers, such as their financial statements and collateral reports.
- Provides involvement from proposal letter stage through closing, including engaging Lawyers, Auditors, appraisers and other professionals to ensure a commercially viable structure is achieved and BFS is legally sound from a documentary perspective.
- Performs underwriting of new clients and existing clients requiring facility increases or changes.
- Provides immediate and on-going support to each Bibby business, as requested.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and typical ABL financial modeling.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behaviour and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of BFS’s core and specialist products. Calculates and explains current and future funding availability and all chargeable disbursements.
- Demonstrates loyalty to BFS, its vision and values and work with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.