Team Lead - Bibby Transportation Finance
At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Vacation, sick and personal days plus 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A 401k plan with a company match.
- Corporate matching on employee’s fundraising for charitable causes through our ‘Giving Something Back’ program.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
Oversees the activities of assigned Operations Team to ensure exceptional performance by promoting best practice, while making sure activities deliver the best possible outcomes for the Regional business and the Group.
Works with the local Head of Business and the Head of Operations/Operations Manager to implement strategy in respect of operational activities.
- Ensures the development of a skilled Operations team with robust processes in the field and in the support areas.
- Maintains effective, friendly and productive interactions with the Sales team and with other Regional Teams.
- Implements and maintains excellent standards of customer service and presents themselves as an ambassador of BFS and the Bibby brand.
- Operations experience and ability to work as part of a team in office environment required.
- Lending experience in financial services preferred.
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office; ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; strong customer service.
- Promotes the Bibby Financial Services philosophy and culture within the Region and the Business Unit.
- Manages the assigned Operations Team.
- Manages collateral performance of the portfolio through efficient and effective client monitoring and compliance with sanctioning conditions and other BFS policies and procedures.
- Manages portfolio risk through assigned Account Executives, Collateral Analyst or Credit Controllers. Takes personal action on high value/risk clients if required. Undertakes larger client facility reviews.
- Manages own portfolio of clients if necessary (i.e. large clients, high risk, high value).
- Undertakes client visits and field exams when required.
- Switches between risk focus and people focus depending on business needs.
- Identifies issues, problems and opportunities proactively and takes or initiates unprompted appropriate action..
- Promotes empowerment of Operations staff to make their own consistent judgment decisions regarding their portfolio. Provides direction and support and encourages the need for further training. Maintains awareness of what is happening at “the front line”.
- Undertakes regular Operations Team meetings with a formal review of facilities and future plans. Liaises and keeps Senior Management informed.
- Manages the performance of the assigned Operations Team by undertaking formal and informal performance reviews in-line with Company policy and expectations.
- Assists with the recruitment of new Operations staff. Provides training and development of staff.
- Monitors staff performance. Sets measurable performance objectives each year for team members.
- Looks for improvements in terms of productivity and workload with Local Management Team to drive culture of continuous improvement and increased profitability. Adds value to the business.
- Ensures all month-end procedures have been followed and all additional disbursements taken.
- Completes month-end reporting required for Group submission.
- Possesses a good understanding of Risk and Legal Issues in relation to Factoring.
- Facilitates ‘best practice’ and shares ideas across the region and group.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with local Key Process Controls and Clients sanctioning conditions.
- Contributes to development of BFS Team culture at local business unit.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire others. Leads by example.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behavior and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of BFS' core and specialist products.
- Demonstrates loyalty to BFS, its vision and values and work with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.