Bibby Financial Services Announces Appointment of Ian Watson as CEO and Releases Data on 2016 Deals
ATLANTA, GA - July 14, 2016 - Company closes 96 deals totaling more than $35.5 million
Bibby Financial Services (BFS) today announced the appointment of Ian Watson as Chief Executive Officer of its North America business. Watson joins the North America team after previously serving for more than six years as the CEO of Asia Pacific. During that time, he led the expansion of the company’s regional presence from Australia and India to include New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. As a result of these new ventures and Watson’s leadership, Asia Pacific became a significant contributor to the BFS group profile. Prior to joining BFS, Watson was an executive director for GMAC Commercial Finance in the United Kingdom.
"We already have a well-established business and a great team in North America on which to build and grow our factoring and asset-based lending platforms,” said Watson. “I am excited about the opportunity to lead our North American team into a new phase of growth and development across the region.”
Bibby Financial Services secured a total of more than $35.5 million in financial solutions for 96 new clients in the first half of 2016. Eight of the year’s most notable transactions include:
- $7 million factoring facility to a New York-based security staffing service.
- $3 million revolving line of credit (ABL) to an Oklahoma City-based processor of quality-grade steaks and meats.
- $3 million revolving line of credit (ABL) to a Florida-based service provider in the petroleum industry.
- $2.5 million factoring facility to a California-based media service company.
- $1.75 million revolving line of credit (ABL) to a California-based manufacturer of coffee products.
- $1 million revolving line of credit (ABL) to a Florida-based merchandising services company.
- $900,000 factoring facility to an Ontario-based manufacturer of security equipment.
- $850,000 factoring facility to an Alberta-based distributor of chemicals to the oil and gas industry.
“The first half of the year was strong, and we continue to see movement and growth in both our factoring and asset based lending portfolios,” adds Watson. “We look forward to developing long-lasting relationships with these new clients and continuing to meet their specific business needs with our suite of flexible funding solutions.”
About Bibby Financial Services
Bibby Financial Services is a leading independent financial services partner to more than 10,250 businesses worldwide providing more than $11.6 billion in funding globally. With over 44 operations in 13 countries spanning Europe, North America and Asia, we provide asset-based lending and factoring solutions to help businesses grow in domestic and international markets. Established in 2001, Bibby Financial Services North America has seven offices in the U.S. and Canada that support businesses in virtually any industry. We hold memberships in the Commercial Finance Association, the International Factoring Association, and the American Finance Association. Bibby Financial Services is part of Bibby Line Group (BLG), a diverse and forward-looking family business with over 200 years’ experience of providing personal, responsive and flexible customer solutions. To find out more about Bibby USA and Bibby Canada, please visit www.bibbyusa.com or www.bibbycanada.ca.